Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Glasses

I just got new glasses. Ready for the big reveal?

I’ve needed new glasses for awhile now. It would have been a good idea if I had gotten new glasses a few years ago after I chipped my old ones, but I soldiered on.

It would have been smart to have at least gotten an eye exam last year when it was deemed a requisite to maintain my driver’s license, but I soldiered on.

I probably should have gotten new glasses last summer when one of the ear-pieces broke off making it difficult to keep them on my face, but still, I soldiered on.

It became ridiculous sometime around Halloween when, after repeatedly gluing that ear-piece and the other ear-piece, which had fallen off soon thereafter, I gave up on the ear-pieces and took to simply laying the eyeglasses precariously on my nose… but still I soldiered on, albeit cautiously.

Yes, it was definitely time. And thanks to a Groupon coupon, the time was definitely right.

No comments: