Thursday, April 14, 2011

Free Energy Savings Kit

I like the idea of companies competing to keep me happy.  Currently they just compete to win me over and lure me into spending more money.  As mentioned, Sunbeam didn’t do that and I appreciate it, and I don’t want a similar moment of generosity to go unnoticed. 
 
A few days ago, I received an email from UPS informing me that “the package has been shipped.”  I hadn’t ordered anything Confused, I searched for what the package could contain or where it was from or why it was coming my way.  I didn’t find many answers.  Yesterday, the package arrived. 
 
Apparently several weeks ago, I completed a survey from my gas company, Columbia Gas.  As a thank you, they sent a WarmWise Energy Savings Kit.  It includes a water aerator, two swimming pool noodles, and a two low-flow shower heads!
 
I kind of like the shower head I currently use, and I’m not quite sure what a water aerator is, but I’ll definitely use the swimming pool noodles! Thanks, Columbia Gas!
 
And that brings our current score in the competition to keep me happy, Sunbeam: 1, Columbia Gas: 1, Everyone Else: 0.

Update: Luckily those flotation devices came with instructions.  Here they are in use. 
Pipe warming noodles
Two only got me so far, but I saw them at the hardware store for around a dollar.  If they actually work, it seems like money well spent.

No comments: